The fourth of a five-part video series. This time I hunt down Pippin Barr. He who hath made Epic Sax Game, Let’s Play: Ancient Greek Punishment and The Artist Is Present.
Warning, this video contains two guys talking in a relaxed manner in a park. And:
- Why did Pippin Barr start making games?
- Was the whirlwind of media attention for The Artist Is Present delightful or damaging?
- “I don’t like working with other people” is a quote I will totally use out of context
- I call out Pippin’s games as “absurdist masochism” – he nods
- I call Pippin’s games “jokes” – he nods
- I say his games have no win condition – Pippin stops nodding
- Is making games more fun than playing them?
- Schafer vs Hofmeier deathmatch
Much thanks to Rilla for providing a home-made muffin to stop me from expiring.
- The Pippin Barr games page
- Pippin’s article on PainStation for Kill Screen
- Run Jesus Run
- Johann Sebastian Joust
- FemShep is not a psychopath