Side by Side is a video series on local multiplayer games. This is episode 15 of 17.
This week Joel Goodwin of Electron Dance and Gregg Burnell of Tap-Repeatedly tackle head-on a game called Duel written by relative unknown Joel Goodwin. Uh, what? Did we just actually cross an ethical line there? Gregg and Joel are “reviewing” their own games now? Brilliant! I bet you can’t wait for the next episode where they shill for Satan.
In Duel, two players have to ram each other into oblivion – if they get the timing right. And if they can see each other. Watch the video here or direct on YouTube.
- “Look at you and your amazing manoeuvring!”
- “You would both rush into the fog… and in some cases it was like a game of blind chicken in the middle.”
- “Kamikaze runs are not welcome.”
- Duel is free but needs an Atari emulator. Get the game and info on how to get it working from the Duel page.
- If you’re enjoying the series, please like our videos and subscribe to our channel.
The series theme is the delightful “Adventures in your sleep” by The Blake Robinson Synthetic Orchestra.