Hark! the herald angels sing, “Glory be to the sausage king.” Oh yea, I have completed Stephen’s Sausage Roll.
I renewed my attack on the Sausage game for the Ouroboros-spinoff book I am working on. I knew I was missing something important and needed to address it. It is likely I’ll dedicate a new essay in this book to Stephen’s Sausage Roll but I thought it would nice to have a comment thread on it first.
These comments will be sausages all the way down and completely naked. There will be no ROT13 here.
I mean, if you like playing puzzles and you’re wondering whether to play Stephen’s Sausage Roll, here’s my capsule review:
- What a rush
If you want some detail, rando who is planning to play Stephen’s Sausage Roll:
- Be prepared for the occasional bottleneck, particularly The Great Tower
- Do not judge a book by its first world, you’re really playing for what the game becomes
- It is a hard game but in a satisfying way
- There are a handful of what feel like Monte Carlo levels (e.g. Wobblecliff) but generally you think the levels out, not guess
- Do not read this thread or go looking for spoilers, because someone will spoil Dead End
- You do not spoil Dead End
- No, you really do not
Anyway, I think it’s time to hand over to the comments.