A detective searches for answers after investigating a mysterious series of crimes. But the answers find him first.
#warningsigns is a short film about videogames and the future. Twitter has already issued its verdict:
And Kieron Gillen has also put in a nice word. You should set aside fifteen minutes to watch the entire film. If you have the bandwidth and screen estate, please note you can watch at 1080p HD resolution. The film, preview screenshots and credits can be found below.
A year in the making. Turn out the lights and settle down. This is #warningsigns.
After you're done, you can always take a look at the making of #warningsigns which includes a breakdown of the music, scene by scene.
a democracy flourished here
now kill the child
constant innovation means never having to stop and get things right
we are the weapons of progress
Writer & Director
- Joel Goodwin
- Joel Goodwin
The Four Questions
- Chris Crawford
- Dona Bailey
- Sir Clive Sinclair
- Gerald Anderson "Jerry" Lawson
- Jumpman (Epyx, 1983)
- Canabalt (Adam Saltsman, 2009)
- Prey (Human Head Studios, 2006)
- Braid (Number None, 2008)
- SCRAM (Atari, 1981)
- Fotonica (Santa Ragione, 2011)
- Immortal Defense (RP&G Creations, 2007)
- Dear Esther (The Chinese Room, 2012)
- Drill Killer (thecatamites, 2011)
- Kairo (Locked Door Puzzle, 2012)
- Waves (Squid In A Box, 2011)
- Cart Life (Richard Hofmeier, 2011)
- Epic Sax Game (Pippin Barr, 2012)
- Proteus (Ed Key & David Kanaga, 2013)
- Boson X (Mu & Heyo, 2013)
- Dys4ia (Anna Anthropy, 2012)
- Mirror's Edge (DICE, 2008)
- Dishonored (Arkane Studios, 2012)
- Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics, 2013)
- Sonic & Knuckles (Sonic Team, 1994)
- Memories of a Broken Dimension Prototype (Ezra Hanson-White, 2013)
- Pong (Atari, 1972)
- Mercenary (Novagen Software, 1985)
- Half-Life (Valve, 1998)
- Cell: Emergence (New Life Interactive, 2012)
- Alarm Will Sound "Blue Calx"
- The Crystal Method "Play For Real (Team Awesome Mix)"
- Demoscene Time Machine "Longest Day"
- Philip Glass "Dead Things"
- Gas "Untitled fifth track from Zauberberg"
- Goldfrapp "Clowns"
- John Grant "Pale Green Ghosts"
- Ed Harrison "It's Gone (Radiohead Nude Remix)"
- Jon Hopkins "We Disappear (Original Mix)"
- Hybrid "If I Survive (Orchestral)"
- Hybrid "Can You Hear Me (Orchestral)"
- Hybrid "Keep It In The Family (Orchestral)"
- Infected Mushroom "Project 100"
- Infected Mushroom "Heavyweight"
- Jesper Kyd "Red Zone Selector Theme"
- Logan Middleton/Robin Arnott Nano-plague incident from game "Cell: Emergence"
- Pendulum "Midnight Runner"
- The Blake Robinson Synthetic Orchestra "The Perils of Cutting Corners"
- Splitter "Island"
- Splitter "The First December"
- 0173 falling great wall by Robinhood76
- Strange Teleport Sound by Cyberkineticfilms
- Dangerous Mine Shaft by bkamuse
- DISTANT EXPLOSION 01 by sandyrb
- Cell Phone Vibrate by SmartWentCody
- 20090105.crowd.drums by dobride
Excerpts taken from
- Mother (Bong Joon-ho, 2009)
- Broken Saints (Brooke Burgess, 2003)
- Metro: Last Light Mobius Trailer (4A Games, 2013)
- Dead Island CGI Trailer (Axis, 2011)
- Colossus: The Forbin Project (Joseph Sargent, 1970)
- The Andromeda Strain (Robert Wise, 1971)
- Big Bang (Space Explosion) by eedobaba7726
- Horizon: Clive Sinclair,The Anatomy of an Inventor 1989
- ABC Nightline Interview with Chris Crawford 1981
- Dona Bailey video uploaded by Patrick Scott Patterson
- Louisville "12-year old computer genius" uploaded by marctasman
- Computer Chronicles 1983 - Computers in Education
- Bifurcation graph from welbog.homeip.net/-inferno/math/pmath370 (fig 7b)
- Jerry Lawson photo from www.icheg.org
- App Store figures taken from 148apps.biz
- Computer-generated "Kampyle" font from www.alphabetsynthesis.com
- BBC Stargazing Live "The Universe Through Time" Poster
Special Thanks to Regular Commenters
Gregg B, Badger Commander, Eric Brasure, Shaun Green, Richard Goodness, Jonas Kyratzes, Amanda Lange, David T. Marchand, mwm, Matt "Steerpike" Sakey, Matt W