The final part of a series of video interviews I conducted while my wife and children were away in Japan. Two days before they returned, I talked to Die Gute Fabrik's Doug Wilson, some dude who made some game called Johann Sebastian Joust.
Warning, this video contains A MYSTERIOUS SPECIAL GUEST IN THE BACKGROUND. Who is it?
- The challenge of selling Ramiro Corbetta's Hokra
- Likewise, Joust
- Playing Joust on the move
- The board game Space Alert
- I playtest Mysterious Special Guest's work-in-progress game
- I suck up to Doug by telling him the other interviewees were just sucking up to me
- I am really fucking tired
- ASTONISHING REVELATION: The Little Harbour Master's name
- Sorry about picture quality, Doug asked do you want the light on and I said no because I was really fucking tired and wasn't thinking
- The final Schafer vs Hofmeier deathmatch
Much thanks to Doug and his flatmates for letting me stay overnight. Even greater thanks to Doug for travelling back to Copenhagen from the US one day early just so we could meet.
I will send one of them much-coveted Electron Dance badges to the first person who figures out the game teased in the final ten seconds of the video. Neither Gregg B nor the game developer in question is allowed to participate! Sshhh, you two.
Post your answer in the comments. First correct answer wins.
I suspect this challenge is pretty hard, but I'm happy to be proved wrong.
- Ramiro Corbetta's Hokra
- Doug interviewed Ramiro + others here on Electron Dance last year
- Die Gute Fabrik
- Die Gute Fabrik's Joust
- Die Gute Fabrik's Mutazione
- Die Gute Fabrik's Where Is My Heart?
- Joust on the Boston Subway: part 1 and part 2
- Messhof's Nidhogg
- Quinns on Space Alert (Quinns)
- Bennett Foddy's GIRP
- Stephen Totilo, Kotaku Editor-in-Chief, to Doug Wilson: "Go innovate somewhere else"
- Lyme Regis
- The full Gamespot video of Joust (a lot of fun to watch)
- Doug's previous Electron Dance interview (The Academics Are Coming)
- Agnes Obel "Close Watch"
- Mmdelai "Solve For You"
- Conjure One "Face the Music (Kaskade Club Mix)"
- Fuck Buttons "Space Mountain"
- I: Arcadian Rhythms
- II: In the House of Gregg
- III: Stuck in a Hole with Ed Key
- IV: The Pippin Is Present
A follow-up podcast will be posted next month.