You can follow the discussion on A Very New Thing: Dan Pinchbeck without having to leave a comment. Cool, huh? Just enter your email address in the form here below and you're all set.
Subscribe for Updates
Keep In Touch
- HM "Hmm... Not sure I can see too much link with the rest of the game, though?" – Why You're Wrong About Jumping in NaissanceE
- mwm "Okay, so, very first thing that comes to mind when the game says "Lucy is lost"? Lusitania." – Why You're Wrong About Jumping in NaissanceE
- HM "I thumped my keyboard at one point in sheer frustration. Oh this is a "game" alright." – Why You're Wrong About Jumping in NaissanceE
- Richard Goodness "Well this sounds goddamn awesome--why, it sounds like it's an actual game!" – Why You're Wrong About Jumping in NaissanceE
- Screw Your Walking Simulators was linked by عن محاكيات المشي وغياب التحدي | NGP
- HM "@Matt: Sorry being is much disappoint. I should've known someone would bring ducks into the story. @Badger Commander: I think Shaun shared with me on..." – Screw Your Walking Simulators
- Steven Stadnicki "I think there's a fine but essential distinction between the 'secret box' and 'walking simulator' games, one that's raised and then left aside at the..." – Screw Your Walking Simulators
- Egypt Unash "This mirrors my thinking when I was playing Monument Valley. Once I started turning whole buildings around and fiddling with them, I felt like I..." – Screw Your Walking Simulators
- Richard Goodness "Matt, please don't ever say "duck dongs" so close to the phrase "pigeon hole"." – Screw Your Walking Simulators
- badgercommander "I second Duck dongs. Good piece and it articulates perfectly what my frustration is with 'Walking simulator' definition. It is almost always meant as a..." – Screw Your Walking Simulators
- matt w "“sitting, walking, listening, looking, playing, just fucking being is interaction” "Being" is the word I am most disappointed ever to have read. "Attempting to rigorously..." – Screw Your Walking Simulators
- Die Gute Fabrik
- In the Games of Madness (Frictional)
- Jonas Kyratzes
- Michael Brough
- Pippin Barr
- Retro Remakes
- The Astronauts
Electron Dance on TwitterMy Tweets
- Support a history of mobile gamesBack the project Hey. Zoya here. When I’m not working at Gamesbrief, I’m usually doing historical and critical writing about games, either independently or with magazines like Hyper (Australia) and Comics and Gaming (Canada). I’ve written one book about the Dreamcast, and more recently finished a mini-book about energy mechanics called Delay. Today I’ve laun
- Review: Wolfenstein: The New OrderThe New World Order is a lot like the old World Order.
- Away Message: Gone to NaplesGoing to be away in Naples for the next few days. My plan is to return a far, far superior version of myself, posting essays in a single bound, drawing every day, making games steadfastly, all that. This will be accomplished by simply going to Naples and returning. Somehow.
- July 20thI’m back from GaymerX and I have a whole trenchcoat full of new genders to pass out. Many thanks to our deputy curator Zach Alexander for covering the roundup in my absence. Let’s get down to business to defeat the Huns. It’s time for This Week in Videogame Blogging! Mountain Phenomenology We start out by …Read more →
- Spotlight: Over 9000 Zombies!I'm not sure why 9000 is a significant number, but the zombies won't stop eating brains long enough for me to ask.
- Trekabout Episode 98: Reunion/Future ImperfectThe fourth season of TNG finally gets its required Klingon episode, “Reunion” it’s very much a direct follow-up to “Sins of the Father”, and Richard Goodness is extremely excited. Later, in “Future Imperfect”, Riker learns that getting everything you want is something not all it’s cracked up to be. Also! Seriously, Richard. Enough about Tuvok […]
- Make TV, not film #f2ptoolboxThe F2P toolbox will teach you 54 of the most important and high-impact ideas in modern game design. This is one of them: make your game impressive within 10 seconds of opening it. For a full explanation, see the complete book: available now in digital and physical formats. Learn more on the F2P toolbox homepage Buy it now
- AVWW Official 1.500 “Linux Support” Released!This one brings official linux support to the game for the first time, as well as a 64bit build for OSX. There is also one minor bugfix in there, too. License Keys No More Another nice thing about this version is that the license key that was previously required is now optional instead. If you […]
- Valley 2 Official 1.500 “Linux Support” Released!This one brings official linux support to the game for the first time, as well as a 64bit build for OSX. There is also one minor bugfix in there, too. License Keys No More Another nice thing about this version is that the license key that was previously required is now optional instead. If you […]
- A week in three photos, 9 – 16 July 2014Floor tiles are a thing in Malta and they’re often very, very nice to look at. These ones were in Gozo. Another one of those “cheap” constructed Instagram-of-the-days made with a knee under a sheet first thing in the morning, but I have to say that I actually like the shape and tone of it, […]