You can follow the discussion on A Theoretical War, Part 2 without having to leave a comment. Cool, huh? Just enter your email address in the form here below and you're all set.
Subscribe for Updates
Keep In Touch
- Sandy "This article reminds me of a tangentially related issue: game pricing. I have noticed many comments going back and forth on the value of video..." – Talent is Not a Scarce Resource
- HM "A response is due here in the comments and I'm planning to write it today. Promise." – Screw Your Walking Simulators
- Screw Your Walking Simulators was linked by The Sunday Papers | Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- Sandy "Thanks for the link - it's an interesting (and fairly quick) game. Makes me wonder if I was too hasty to dismiss twine games as..." – Screw Your Walking Simulators
- Richard Goodness "Speaking of linear twines, I feel bad but I forgot to share my favorite walking simulator of all with you folks. http://www.philome.la/mrtavo/hallowed/play" – Screw Your Walking Simulators
- Sandy "This article makes me sad, because I feel "walking simulator" is a term that is getting rejected by the very group of people I would..." – Screw Your Walking Simulators
- John Brindle "Eesh, sad anecdote there at ICE. I can see where the sting in the term comes from. I should be clear that I see 'walking..." – Screw Your Walking Simulators
- HM "If you want to use walking simulator go ahead, but be notified that you will be banned henceforth on this site. j/k I get that..." – Screw Your Walking Simulators
- John Brindle "I liked this piece! But you may not like this response... :> 'Secret Box' to me implies a focus on the kernel over the nut..." – Screw Your Walking Simulators
- HM "Rakanishu - if you've seen what happens at the two of the towers, then the third is the same deal, just a different colour. God,..." – Why You're Wrong About Jumping in NaissanceE
- Rakanishu "Like you said, I don't want to come back in this game now that I'm done with it. So please, can you tell me what..." – Why You're Wrong About Jumping in NaissanceE
- Die Gute Fabrik
- In the Games of Madness (Frictional)
- Jonas Kyratzes
- Michael Brough
- Pippin Barr
- Retro Remakes
- The Astronauts
Electron Dance on TwitterMy Tweets
- Drawing: Cookie Eraser Pill…
- Project: Space Station, Part 3: The GameStan Kent and his company AstroSpace may have exited the stage, but Avant-Garde Publishing, the new owners of HES, weren’t ready to give up on Project: Space Station. They reached out to Larry Holland to finish the game. Holland shares with Stan Kent some impressive academic credentials, but he’s otherwise his polar opposite: a quiet […]
- How to Work With a Writer (Or a Guide to Why Your Writer is Sulking)So the day's finally come. Your studio has been politely informed by the publisher that all successful games have a story written by a dedicated writer now and (perhaps using these tips) you've found yourself one. What now?Not all jobs start out like this, but it's still common enough for a writer to wind up in a room full of people who have n
- Words: Biting Off More of the Puppet Head Than I Can Draw?As part of this month’s Make Game pageant on “One Hit Wonders” (or, rather, games based on songs) I’ve been struggling away on a game based on the (free!) live version of the They Might Be Giants song Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head (YouTube). The main reason I even started was because it […]
- Review: Shovel Knight"... a pretty good basic indie platformer with lots of fun things to do in it and some clever levels and bosses." "... a game where you, as the titular Knight, can smack the crap out of Reize Seatlan using a shovel." The post Review: Shovel Knight appeared first on Tap-Repeatedly.
- Spotlight: UnrestUnrest is a game about making decisions and living with their consequences, no matter what they are. It's an RPG that actually invites you to play roles.
- Leaderboards: the original social featureThis is a guest post from John Griffin, crossposted on his Gamesparks blog Leaderboards are probably the oldest social feature used in games and are used to increase the level of competition amongst players by ranking them in a variety of ways with the aim of generating more game play. Space Invaders, which was first released in 1978, is reputed to be the f
- Project: Space Station, Part 2: The DreamAs long as there has been a space program, there have been space-program boosters. With budgets dwindling and interest waning after Apollo 11, however, NASA suddenly needed them as never before. Various people started various organizations to educate, to advocate, to lobby, sometimes even to agitate the case for space. Briefly among the more prominent […]
- July 27thI’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore. It’s This Week in Videogame Blogging, everyone! Cult of Celebrity Kim Kardashian: Hollywood is a massive moneymaker, and it’s provoked quite a bit of discussion. On The Daily Dot, Samantha Allen lauds the game and its central figure for flouting the highly gendered …Read more →
- On Destiny and “game widows”"Can I be honest?" I asked my husband-to-be. "Work, I don't mind. Playing games, I don't mind. This? This kills me. I hate this. I don't like feeling like your mother. I'm not your mother."